250 g butter
150 g brown sugar
50 g sugar
50 g trimoline
250 g self-rising flour
5 g baking powder
60 g coconut milk
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC, line a 12-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Beat butter, brown sugar, sugar and trimoline until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and keep beating until combined.
3. Sift in self-rising flour and baking powder. Mix well.
4. Lastly, add in coconut milk and fold to combine. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake in oven for 30 – 45 minutes or until cooked.
5. Once cooked, use a round 9-inch ring mold to cut out the sponge and keep aside.
1 kg cempedak puree
400 g sugar
1 drop orange color
35 g gelatin
105 g iced water
1 kg European Whipping Cream
1. Lightly cook cempedak puree and sugar until dissolved, add one drop of orange color and mix well.
2. Bloom gelatin in iced water and place in microwave to dissolve. Pour gelatin solution into cempedak puree and mix to combine.
3. Beat European whipping cream to soft peaks and combine with cempedak gelatin mixture. Keep in refrigerator until ready to use.
LEMONGRASS CRÈME BRULEE
800 g European Whipping Cream
300 g milk
150 g sugar
12 egg yolks
50 g lemongrass (pounded and crushed)
1. Simmer lemongrass in milk and boil for 5 minutes to infuse. Add in whipping cream and mix well.
2. Whisk egg yolks and sugar until foamy. Pour in milk mixture and strain through cheesecloth.
3. Pour the liquid into a 9-inch flexible mold of 1 inch. Place the flexible mold into a large cake pan or roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the flexible pan. Bake just until the crème brulee is set, but still trembling in the center, approximately 40 – 45 minutes.
4. Remove the flexible mold from the roasting pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. And keep aside.
240 g European Whipping Cream
360 g sugar
290 g water
120 g cocoa powder
40 g gelatin powder
120 g water
100 g 70% chocolate coverture
1. Boil together whipping cream, sugar and water to 105ºC. Add in cocoa powder and mix well.
2. To create gelatin solution, bloom gelatin powder in water and set in microwave to dissolve.
3. While the whipping cream is warm, quickly pour into chocolate coverture and keep stirring until melted. Keep warm.
400 g sliced cempedak
100 g sugar
1/2 nos lemon zest
1. Cook together sliced cempedak, sugar and lemon zest until thicken. Keep aside.
Last modified on 12/02/2018