Makes approximately 30 pieces
COFFEE CHOUX PASTRY
125 ml water
125 ml milk
100 g Paysan Breton Unsalted Butter (cold)
pinch of salt
10 g coffee powder
150 g plain flour
3 free range eggs
1 recipe dough craque (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Lightly grease two baking trays and line them with parchment paper.
2. Roll out dough craque between two sheets of parchment paper until 2 mm thick. Using a paring knife, trim out 3 cm rounds. Repeat until all dough has been used. Keep dough in refrigerator for 15 minutes or until hardened.
3. Add water, milk, butter, and salt to saucepan and stir over medium heat until butter has melted. Increase heat to high and add in coffee powder and flour. Stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a thick paste.
4. Continue stirring for 2 – 3 minutes or until mixture releases from the side of the pan. Remove from heat.
5. Transfer mixture to an electric mixer fitted with a beater. While mixture is still warm, add in eggs one at a time and beat at high speed until eggs have been incorporated and mixture thickens.
6. Scoop choux pastry into a piping bag fitted with a 1 cm round tip nozzle. Pipe 4 cm rounds onto the tray, spaced about 5 cm apart.
7. Gently place chilled dough craque on each choux dough. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 170 degrees Celsius and bake for another 15 minutes or until dough has cooked. Remove profiteroles and set aside to cool.
100 g plain flour
100 g brown sugar
1 drop vanilla essence
90 g Paysan Breton Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
1. Place flour, sugar, vanilla essence and butter in a food processor and pulse until combined. Flatten the crumble dough into a disc shape. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
SPICED BISCUIT GANACHE
200 g white chocolate (finely chopped)
85 g Lotus Biscoff Spread (smooth)
220 ml Paysan Breton Whipping Cream
20 g Paysan Breton Unsalted Butter (cold)
1. Place white chocolate and Lotus Biscoff (smooth) spread in a bowl. Add whipping cream to a thick bottom saucepan and bring to warm. Immediately pour hot cream onto white chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
2. Add in butter and continue whisking until dissolved. Cover bowl and set aside. Do not refrigerate.
COFFEE CREAM PATISSERIE
250 ml espresso
25 g flour
30 g cornstarch
100 g sugar
1 egg yolk
50 g Paysan Breton Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
1. Bring coffee to the boil.
2. Combine flour, cornstarch, and sugar. Whisk mixture with egg and egg yolk until well combined and creamy.
3. When the espresso comes to the boil, turn off heat and pour half of the coffee onto the mixture and whisk vigorously to combine.
4. Add in the rest of the espresso and cook over low heat until mixture comes to the boil. Continue whisking for another 2 minutes or until mixture thickens.
5. Remove from heat. Add in butter and beat for 10 minutes or until warm to the touch. Transfer mixture to a bowl and cover with cling film to prevent a crust from forming.
Lotus Biscoff Crumbles
1. Use a serrated knife to slice 1/3 off of each profiterole heightwise.
2. Combine spiced cookie ganache and coffee cream patisserie in a bowl. Scoop the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1 cm star tip nozzle. Pipe the cream in a circular motion to fill the cavities of the profiteroles. Cover with the sliced pieces, chill until ready to serve.
Lotus Biscoff and Payson Breton are imported and distributed by Auric Marketing Sdn Bhd.
Lot 35, Jalan Delima 1/3, Subang Hi-tech Industrial Park, 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
For more information, call 03 – 5163 6363.Last modified on 12/02/2018