TO MAKE FISH STOCK: MAKES 1 LITRE
1 kg lean fish bones
2 tbsp olive oil
200 g celery, finely diced
200 g onion, finely diced
200 g leek, finely diced
2 litres water
1 cup white wine
1. Cook celery, onion and leek in a large stock pot over medium heat until vegetables start to sweat. Add in white wine and allow the liquid to evaporate.
2. Add the fish bones and cover with water, allowing to simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, until stock is reduced to half its original quantity. Skim away any scum and fat that rises, then strain through a cheesecloth. Cool the stock immediately and keep aside until ready to use.
TO MAKE SEAFOOD MARINARA PASTA
8 large prawns, deshelled, deveined and cleaned
3 large squid, cleaned, membrane trimmed and cut into pieces
300 g fish fillet, sliced into small pieces
1 bottle San Remo Pasta Sauce (Tomato and Basil)
800 g San Remo Fettuccine, cooked
3 sprigs basil leaves, for garnish
600 ml fish stock
3 raw fettuccine decoration stick, deep-fried in oil
1. Heat fish stock over medium-high heat in a sauce pan. Add San Remo Pasta Sauce when the liquid starts to boil.
2. Add in squid, prawns, mussels, then allow to boil for 3 – 4 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and black pepper. Add fish fillets last.
3. Pour sauce over fettuccine. Garnish with basil and deep fried fettuccine. Serve warm.