500 g glutinous rice (soaked for 4 hours)
300 ml coconut milk
300 ml water
2 tsp salt
1. Drain well glutinous rice and pour into a (10” x 10“ x 3”) square cake tin. Line with (16” x 16”) cleaned banana leaves.
2. Pour in coconut milk that has salt added in, steam for 30 minutes until glutinous rice is cook and stir well.
3. Press until compressed.
TOP LAYER INGREDIENTS:
140 g rice flour
60 g tapioca flour
60 g plain flour
140 g granulated sugar
270 ml coconut milk
470 ml water
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp alkaline water
100 g durian flesh blended with 100 ml of water
1 tsp egg yellow, 1/2 tsp lemon yellow and 1/8 tsp green coloring
1. Mix well all ingredients (A) and strain. Add in ingredients (B) and mix well, stir over medium heat until steam appears. Keep aside.
2. Divide mixture into 2 parts; and add two different hues of yellow color to each bowl. You will have one bowl of egg yellow colored batter and one lemon yellow colored batter.
3. Start by pouring in the egg yellow colored batter over the compressed glutinous rice, then, drop some green coloring in and use bamboo pick to draw the pattern, steam 15 minutes. Then pour another layer of lemon yellow and do the same with green colorings.
4. Repeat the above steps until all batters are used up.
5. Steam the last layer for 20 minutes. Off heat and keep cool.
Recipe by Chef Asma.