Makes approximately 6 pieces.
55 g cake flour
40 g corn flour
40 g icing sugar
10 g custard powder
375 g water
20 g butter
corn oil for frying the batter
FOR DURIAN CHANTILLY CREAM
500 g whipping cream, 35% fat
50 g icing sugar, sifted
50 g durian pulp, blend
30 g durian pulp, whole
1. Sieve all the dry ingredients into bowl.
2. Melt the butter and allow to cool.
3. Mix in eggs and water into dry ingredients and mix well. Do not overbeat.
4. Add the melted butter. Strain and cover. Leave aside to rest.
5. Gently heat a 20 mm non-stick pan. Brush a little corn oil into the pan. Pour in a ladle of batter into the pan and with low heat allow the batter to cook thoroughly. Remove and allow to cool.
6. Make the durian Chantilly. Whip the whipping cream until softly peak. Slowly add in the sifted icing sugar. Continue to whip till firm. Add in the durian pulp blended. Mix well & set aside.
1. Use one piece of pancake and pipe durian Chantilly cream onto the pancake.
2. Put 1 tsp of durian pulp (whole) in top of the Chantilly cream.
3. Fold the pancake and serve.