Yield 4 cakes (Ø 180 mm).
300 g egg white
210 g sugar
200 g egg yolks
125 g flour
125 g cornstarch
zest of 3 oranges
1. Whip the egg white at the second speed and gradually add the sugar.
2. Add egg yolks slowly.
3. Sieve flour and cornstarch, add gently.
4. Add the zest gently.
5. Pipe 6 cm long fingers side by using a Ø 14 mm plain nozzle. Bake in a convection oven for around 8 minutes at 190°C (374°F).
350 g pear puree
100 g egg yolks
125 g whole eggs
100 g sugar
1 g white pepper
130 g butter
1. Combine pear puree, egg yolks, whole eggs, sugar and pepper, boil for a few seconds.
2. Add butter and mix well with a hand blender until very smooth.
3. Pour inside a Ø 16 cm Flexipan® and freeze.
WHITE CHOCOLATE AND VANILLA MOUSSE
145 g milk
2 vanilla pods
30 g sugar
40 g egg yolks
7 g gelatin
300 g white chocolate Callebaut® Velvet CHW-R2241NV
650 g whipped cream
1. Use milk, vanilla pods, sugar and egg yolks to make a custard cream.
2. Soften gelatin in cold water and add to the hot cream.
3. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and mix well. Leave to cool to 30°C (86°F).
4. Fold in whipped cream.
Recipe by Chef Jean-Marc Bernelin,Technical Advisor Callebaut®.