Yield 12 verrines.
80 g almond paste 50%
30 g icing sugar
25 g egg yolks
25 g whole eggs
25 g cocoa powder Callebaut® CP
25 g bread flour
25 g melted butter
75 g egg whites
30 g sugar
1. Combine almond paste, icing sugar, egg yolks, whole eggs, cocoa powder, bread flour, melted butter and emulsify in a Robot-Coup®.
2. Combine egg whites and sugar, whip up in a KitchenAid. Fold into the almond mixture with a soft spatula.
3. Spread out on a 30 cm x 40 cm baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes at 180˚C (356˚F). Cut into small pieces and dry in the oven for 20 minutes at 120˚C (248˚F).
MANGO LAVENDER COULIS
600 g mango puree
5 g dried lavender flowers
10 g lemon juice
50 g sugar
24 g Pectin NH
100 g invert sugar
1. Combine mango puree and dried lavender flowers in a saucepan and heat up to 90˚C (194˚F). Leave to infuse for 5 minutes and drain out the lavender.
2. Add lemon juice, sugar and Pectin NH. Bring to boil for 20 seconds.
3. Add invert sugar.
130 g egg yolks
100 g simple syrup
200 g melted dark chocolate Callebaut® Select 811NV
350 g whipped cream
1. Make a sabayon. Transfer to a mixer and whip until it cools down to 30˚C (86˚F).
2. Fold in 1/3 of whipped cream with the chocolate at 50˚C (122˚F). Then fold in the sabayon and the remaining whipped cream.
190 g cream 35%
90 g milk chocolate Callebaut® Origine Arriba CHM-Q415AR
120 g fine hazelnut praline Callebaut® PRA-CLAS
100 g cocoa butter in powder form Callebaut® Mycryo® NCB-HD706
1. Bring cream to boil.
2. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate, praline and Mycryo® and emulsify with hand-held blender.
500 g cream 35%
55 g sugar
Whip until stiff.
Tips: Instead of using mango and lavender, try apples and maple syrup.
Recipe by Chef Derrick Tu Tan Pho, Master Chocolatier and Pastry Chef.