For 24 pieces of durian pancakes.
4 eggs, yolks and whites separated
375 g plain flour
4 1/2 tsp baking powder
6 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 cups milk
5 tbsp butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups fresh durian
icing sugar for dusting
1. In a bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, then set aside.
2. In a separate bowl sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together.
3. Beat egg yolks in another bowl, then add milk and melted butter.
4. Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients. Mix until batter is smooth before adding vanilla essence.
5. Gradually fold beaten egg whites into batter.
6. Spoon batter onto a baking tray to form rounds, then bake on hot greased griddle.
7. Scoop a spoonful of fresh durian flesh on top of each pancake, before stacking on another.
8. Dust the pancakes with icing sugar.
9. Serve hot with strawberry coulis or any fruit-based sauce of your choice.