400 g bread flour
100 g plain flour
75 g sugar
9 g salt
12 g yeast
3 g improver, format
50 g egg
250 g UHT Milk
40 g butter
250 g Anchor butter sheet
500 g KEWPIE Egg Mixture for Dessert
50 g milk
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a mixer bowl and mix well for 15 seconds.
2. Then, add milk to form a dough. Next, add in butter and mix until gluten is formed.
3. Roll the dough into 14 inch squares. Place one sheet of cold Anchor butter on each piece of dough, then fold over. Seal the edges, then roll each piece out to form 20 x 12 inch rectangles. Fold the sides in towards the center to form three layers. Roll out into a large rectangle, then fold into three layers again. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Remove dough from refrigerator one at a time. Repeat rolling for each piece of dough, doing so twice, then return to the refrigerator to chill once more before shaping.
5. To assemble danishes: roll dough out to 1/4 inch thickness. Dough can be cut into squares, and add 1 tbsp of custard at the center. Fold two corners over the center to make a diamond shape.
6. Proof until doubled in size in a proofer at 30°C and 75% moisture.
7. Egg wash danish before baking at 180°C for 20 minutes. Place glazed strawberries and blueberries on the custard, keep chilled.
TO MAKE INSTANT CUSTARD
1. Cook KEWPIE Egg Mixture for Dessert with milk under low heat till thickens.
2. Keep cool until ready to use.
KEWPIE Egg Mixture for Dessert: This egg mixture is heaven sent in a dessert station. Made using pasteurized liquid egg, it contains the basic ingredient for making desserts. Let your creative streak flow and you can whipped up scrumptious desserts such as pudding, egg tarts, cakes, cheesecake, French toast, milkshakes, mousse etc in no time.
Website: KEWPIE Malaysia