Makes 18 units.
300 g salted butter
2 g salt
180 g icing sugat
3 nos egg yolks
300 g flour
1. Beat together butter, salt and icing sugar until fluffy.
2. Add in egg yolks and continue beating.
3. Fold in flour and mix until dough is formed.
4. Keep in chiller for 1 – 2 hours.
5. Roll up to 12 mm thick and then cut into 5 cm round.
6. Brush with egg wash and bake in 180ºC oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
7. Decorate with strawberry slices, cream and pistachio nibbles on the sides.
300 g couverture chocolate, roughly chopped
150 g compound chocolate, roughly chopped
20 g glucose
1/2 vanilla bean
300 g whipping cream
1. Boil together vanilla bean and whipping cream together.
2. Add in glucose and the chopped chocolate. Stir until combined.
3. Keep in chiller for at least 2 hours or until set.
Pipe chocolate filling into the middle of bretone, arrange strawberry slices around. Decorate accordingly.
Recipe by Chef Clement Lim, Pastry World.