150 g almond powder
100 g icing sugar
100 g whole eggs
90 g egg yolks
60 g potato starch
50 g cocoa powder
140 g egg whites
100 g caster sugar
80 g almond
1. Sieve almond powder and icing sugar together.
2. Mix together with whole eggs and egg yolks.
3. Beat egg whites and sugar until medium peak.
4. Mix 1/3 egg yolks mixture into meringue, fold to combine and mix in the rest of the egg yolks mixture.
5. Sieve in potato starch and cocoa powder and fold to combine.
6. Fill the batter into a piping bag fit with nozzle.
7. Pipe into circle with diameter of 6 cm & 8 cm, sprinkle with almond flakes.
8. Bake in preheated oven of 220 Degree Celcius for 10 – 15 minutes or until cooked.
600 g praline
400 g whipping cream
150 g milk
6 egg yolks
30 g caster sugar
250 g chocolate
400 g cream, whipped
1. Warm whipping cream and milk together.
2. Beat egg yolks and sugar until ribbon stage.
3. Add into warm milk mixture and cook until 85 degrees Celcius.
4. Fold in Ganduja, chocolate and whipped cream.
5. Fill the filling into a piping bag fitted with a round tip nozzle.
200 g water
30 g cocoa powder
50 g sugar
1. Place everything together and cook until dissolved. Allow to cool.
1. Get ready 8-cm hemisphere fleximold of 12 cavities.
2. Brush each cavity with butter and pipe praline mousse to a quarter of the cavity. Repeat this step until all the cavities have been filled with praline mousse.
3. Brush all the sponges with cocoa syrup and leave aside.
4. Place all the 6-cm sponges on top of the praline mousse and then fill the rest of the fleximold cavities with praline mousse to three quarter.
5. Cover the cavities with all 8-cm sponges and keep in refrigerator for at least 2 hours until mousse is set.
6. Unmold the pastries and spray with cocoa butter.
7. Garnish accordingly with chocolate decoratives.
Recipe by Chef Clement Lim, Pastry World.