1 large abalone
65 g roasted chicken
1/4 old hen
1/2 inch ginger root
1/2 tsp AJI-NO-MOTO®
3 stalks scallion
2 sprigs coriander
50 g top quality light soy sauce
2 tbsp caramel sugar
1/2 tbsp cornstach
1 tsp Tumix® Chicken Stock
1. Clean the black film on the sides and bottom of the abalone by scrubbing with a clean kitchen brush.
2. Line the bottom of a wok with a lattice bamboo mat specifically designed for braising quality seafood. Arrange the abalone right on the mat and cover them with roasted chicken, chicken, ginger, scallion, coriander, soy sauce, caramel sugar, sea cucumber and AJI-NO-MOTO®, Tumix® Chicken Stock. Cook until the liquid starts to boil.
3. Lower heat and simmer slowly, skim off any scum that surfaces. Cover and slowly braise for another 8 hours. Add more chicken stock to make sure dish does not dry out during cooking.
4. After 8 hours, there should be about one third of the liquid left. Turn off the heat and remove all the ingredients except the abalone and sea cucumber. Reserve the sauce by straining through a fine sieve.
5. Bring the strained sauce to a boil to reduce further, thicken the sauce with a slurry of cornstach and cold water.
6. Return the abalone and sea cucumber to the liquid and simmer for another minute. Place the abalone and sea cucumber on top of the egg tofu and ladle hot sauce over. Serve hot.