8 red garoupa fillets, each an inch in thickness
10 g AJI-SHIO® Iodised Table Salt
FOR BALSAMIC GINGER REDUCTION
300 g balsamic vinegar
30 g young ginger
100 g sugar
FOR VEGETABLE GARNISH
100 g spring onion, julienned
5 g fresh dill
10 g parsley leaves
10 g Chinese parsley
8 bamboo leaves
1. Marinate red garoupa fillets in AJI-SHIO® Iodised Table Salt and pan fry separately until just cooked through.
2. Bring balsamic vinegar, young ginger and sugar to boil, then allow to simmer over medium heat until thickened.
3. Make vegetable garnish by mixing all ingredients together.
4. Twist one of your bamboo leaves to form a cone. Place a portion of vegetable garnish inside and follow with a portion of seared garoupa. Repeat until eight portions of fish have been plated.
5. Spoon glace on fish before serving.
Recipe by Chef Bernard Lee.