2000 ml plain lamb stock or clear stock
1700 g basmati rice, Faiza basmati preferred
2 cinnamon sticks
10 cardamom pods
2 g star anise
1 g cloves
175 ml ghee oil
200 ml olive oil
150 g onion, quartered
150 g tricoloured bell peppers
50 g green chilli, quartered
20 g coriander stem
100 g tomato, quartered
0.5 g saffron fibres
70 g chicken powder
40 g fine salt
600 g whole red tomato, quartered
100 g coriander leaf
40 g bird’s eye chilli
10 g garlic
20 g fine salt
1 pinch chicken powder
100 g fried sliced shallot
20 g coriander leaf
1. In a medium stock pot heat the olive oil with ghee oil.
2. Sauté the cinnamon stik, cardamom, star anise and clove until aromatic.
3. Add in the onion, tomato, bell pepper, coriander stem and green chilli. Sauté briefly.
4. After that add in the lamb stock and bring to boil for 4 minutes.
5. Wash the rice by pouring over boiling water three times.
6. Add the rice into the stock plus saffron and boil at high heat for 2 minutes.
7. Cover the stock with aluminum foil and lower the heat. Leave for 20 minutes.
8. Remove the cover and stir slowly. Check for desired texture before serving.
9. For the mandi sauce, combine all ingredients in food processor and blend roughly.
10. Adjust seasoning and keep refrigerated. The sauce must be served cold.
COMPOSITION AND PRESENTATION
1. Pile rice on serving platter and garnish with coriander leaf and slice fried onion.
2. This rice also can be served with roasted lamb or chicken.